My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Good news....

....I have had a request from a publisher for the full manuscript of Hospital Corners! It's my first positive response and I'm over the moon. In fact, I have butterflies the size of vampire bats swooping around my stomach whenever I think about a real, live (well, obviously...) commissioning editor reading MY book!

It's a wonderful boost to my confidence after 16 outright rejections and a spell of not knowing where to take Agoraphobics Anonymous. I still don't know exactly what I'm going to write next, but I know I'm going to keep on writing because I must be doing SOMETHING right!

I've taken two weeks off from any kind of writing as it's the summer holidays and Big Toots and Little Tootsie were staying with me all last week. We had a blast with our local church summer mission and Lovely Boyfriend. But Lovely Boyfriend goes back offshore today, and the Toots are on holiday with Granny and Grandad for a week, so it's fingers at the ready for some fast and furious writing sessions. I'll hopefully keep you all posted on the progress over the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment