My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Proud Mummy Moment....

....as Little Toots performed in her first school Nativity. She did brilliantly! She's never been keen on showing off in front of strange grown-ups (and you don't get much stranger than a bunch of P1 parents all grinning at their own particular darling) but she grinned and waved away at us and said her line beautifully. In fact, she said it beautifully twice; the kids onstage were chattering too loudly the first time!

Writing is taking a back seat over the next week, while Lovely Boyfriend and I prepare for the madness that is Christmas. He will actually be offshore for the 25th, not getting home until late on the 27th. We'll then have a big Christmas Two on the 29th and have an absolute blast. I'm not sure who's more excited, the Twotsies (plus Gormlet) or the supposed grown-ups!

But I have every intention of cracking on with editing Agoraphobics Anonymous in a week's time. I've edited about 70 pages so far, and read a bit further on my Kindle (but couldn't take notes as Gormlet was busy discussing her school writing project with me!) There are sections to iron out, sections to destroy and pretend I never wrote in the first place, and sections which don't need much work at all. I've got my fingers crossed that this will be a more commercially viable book than Hospital Corners for my first publication. Here's hoping.....I'll try to keep you all updated on my progress and start posting snippets on Facebook once I'm happy with the final draft. For those of you who don't know, I have a Hospital Corners Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HospitalCorners

Hope to see you there! Technically I also have a Twitter account, but I don't use it very much. I'm registered as MissEsme....which I hadn't realised could also be written as Misses Me....hence I get a lot of annoying Twitter updates on my mobile that have nothing to do with me or my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment