My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Friday 1 February 2013

Getting stuck in....

....to work, not snow!

Looking outside at the remains of the neighbour's snowman (a carrot on the grass), it's hard to believe that this time last week it snowed non-stop for 12 hours. Lovely Boyfriend and I took Lolloping Lexie for a long walk to appreciate the beautiful scenery around us. Then Lovely Boyfriend drove me around for the rest of the day because I couldn't get my little Poppy car out the street!

Now the snow's melted, Lovely Boyfriend is back offshore, and I'm getting stuck back into editing Agoraphobics Anonymous. I've rewritten over half of it now, but I know the really hard work is just starting as the latter chapters were written in a hurry! Once I've prepared draft two, I'll pass it onto a few people to beta read before I completely polish it off and start submitting. And thus I come full circle to this time last year when I was polishing off Hospital Corners! Nice to know I can write a book in a year AND have a life too!

My little singing class is going well, despite a lingering, phlegmy cold in the household (Little Tootsie sounds like she's purring at times). I've chatted with some of the adults, have learnt the names of most of the kids and have only forgotten the words twice. *grin*.

So - that's what's happening this week. Now I must get back to work otherwise Lovely Boyfriend will give me into trouble (I said I'd edit while he's away so we can take more long, healthy walks for exercise while he's home). Onto the second chapter of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment