My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Friday 9 November 2012

Write-in....

....the way to increase your wordcount by a ridiculous amount!

I was delighted to learn that another local lady was participating in NaNoWriMo this year. We met up in one of the local pubs last night, chatted for a bit about ourselves and our books (turns out she's the au pair for a couple of girls who are the Twotsies friends at school!), and then we turned to our computers and wrote for three and a half hours.

In that time, I added over 4800 words to my NaNo total! The words just kept on coming, spurred on by the fact I didn't want to leave after a measly hour. So I kept on writing beyond the point where I would normally stop (generally not much more than 2000 words a day), and kept on writing....and on and on.

This all meant I could have a relaxing morning with Lovely Neighbour, playing Mahjong until lunchtime and having a grand old time. I then came home and started on my 1000 words for today (the total I must write each day to stay in the Master Class Skeleton Marathon). I've finished up in time to have a cup of tea and relax some more over a book before I collect the Twotsies from school. We have a fun weekend planned with Lovely Boyfriend (who I've been thinking of today as he attends a funeral) and his daughter (henceforth to be known as the Gormlet; it's a long story and the Twotsies are now also known as Porglet Maximus and Porglet Minimus!). We're going swimming....although it'll probably be more splashing than actual swimming as I try to teach the Twotsies how to swim without their armbands.

Happy weekending folks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment