My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Saturday 1 October 2011

Runner up...

I can proudly add "runner up in the New Rose Short Story Competition 2011" to my name!  View the story at www.coffeeandroses.blogspot.com/

I was so chuffed when I got the email from Miranda Dickinson, and a pile of goodies are winging their way to me in the post.  The best bit is that I get a review by Jamie Guiney, the head judge, of a piece of writing.  He'll be in touch to let me know how many words etc he's willing to look at....but even if it's a couple of thousand, it'll be great to get a professional opinion of the opening of Hospital Corners!

I'm entering another competition this week.  To celebrate the launch of Miranda's new book, Authonomy are holding a flash fiction competition.  Because her book is called "It started with a kiss" and is 416 pages long, we have to write a piece of flash fiction that is 416 words long, titled the same.  I've written a piece, but am going to leave it for a couple of days before coming back to it with fresh eyes.  Because it's me, there's a neat little twist in the final paragraph. 

It's the Tattie Holidays for the next two weeks, so I'll have my girls a bit more and be writing a bit less.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I rescue Dr B from her pacing up and down in her office....she'll be wearing a hole in the carpet by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment