My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Saturday 24 December 2011

Happy Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve and my house is smelling rather lovely.  The Day will be spent at my Dad and Step-mum's and I'm taking my own main course, being the only vegetarian.  I've roasted some butternut squash, sweet potato, red onion, garlic and baby plum tomatoes, sauteed some chestnut mushrooms and spinach in mustard and white wine, and now I'm waiting for it all to cool so I can wrap it in puff pastry and set it aside for tomorrow. 

My plans for the rest of the day involve cups of tea, chocolate biscuits and the TV - Muppets Christmas Carol!  And then a book (a real, proper printed one - not an Authonomy one) until the girls arrive, hyped up for the night.  I fully expect tears before, during, and after bed-time!  Presents are all wrapped, cards are all written and all I have to do tonight is leave out some chocolates for Santa (lucky Santa), carrots for the reindeer (to help them see where they're going - according to Big Toots.  Little Tootsie thinks they help Rudolph's nose glow) and pop a couple of Santa presents under the tree for the morning.  The majority of pressies are already waiting at Granny and Grandad's for after church, but I figured they'd need something in the morning if they're not to burst from excitement.

It's strange to think we're only a week away from next year.  2011 has been a good year for me, certainly compared to previous years!  One book written that I plan to shape up even more and submit to agents, and a NaNovel that needs completely re-written, but it's a start.  I've learnt a heck of a lot, even since starting this blog, and I hope next year goes even better.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and I'll see you all in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment