My NaNoWriMo Word Count Widgets!

Sunday 25 March 2012

I'm a real author...

...I got my first rejection slip yesterday, and rather than feeling disappointed, I'm celebrating the fact!  OK - a teeny bit disappointed as well, but not devastated....really starting to get to grips with all my BPD therapy after nearly 4 years of it! 

Therapy is at the forefront of my brain tonight, as I muse over the next 5000 words of Agoraphobics Anonymous (henceforth to be abbreviated to Ag Anon).  I've decided that in order to draw my fourth necessary character further into the story, she will be the person running the online support forum where Angela and David meet and fall in love (and she's also David's sister, his only real point of contact with the outside world).  She will have produced a workbook to go alongside the forum, so I'm going to have to do a lot of homework into CBT and effective exercises for the pair to go through.  I may start each of the latter chapters with a segment from the workbook, which means I may very well have to write a damn workbook first!  I'll be collecting my first genuine self-help book tomorrow and I'll be picking my psychologist's brain at our session tomorrow afternoon! 

And, as an added bonus, I might be able to utilise some of the techniques myself!  I'm not agoraphobic, but I avoid places that cause me stress (because the BPD exaggerates the negative emotions, meaning it becomes "intolerable").  It makes going new places or for job interviews "impossible" (I'm using "" marks to show that this is just my interpretation of the situation - it would be tolerable and possible, but only after I've gone through the therapy!).  So, it'll hopefully add some authenticity to the thoughts, feelings and reactions of the two agoraphobic characters as they attempt to venture out into the big, bad world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment